- PI Ashley Morris will be giving a talk at Botany 2017 in Fort Worth, TX:
Morris AB, Trostel K, Scalf C, Burleyson A, Albrecht M (2017) Genetic variation, demographic structure, and reproductive ecology of the federally endangered Astragalus bibullatus (Fabaceae). See the full abstract.
- Jesse Harris (M.S. student) will be giving a poster at Botany 2017 in Fort Worth, TX:
Harris J, Shaw J, Morris AB (2017) North American Clematis: an investigation into phylogeny, taxonomy, and biogeography. See the full abstract.
- Kevin Trostel (M.S. in Biology) successfully defended his Master's thesis on Astragalus bibullatus. Congratulations Kevin!
- Jesse Harris (M.S. in Biology) was awarded a 12-month GTA from the Department of Biology at MTSU for 2017-2018. Most GTAs in our department are 9-month appointments; 12-month GTAs are limited and are awarded on a competitive basis. Congratulations Jesse!
- PI Ashley Morris and M.S. student Jesse Harris both served as hike leaders at the Annual Wildflower Pilgrimage in Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- PI Ashley Morris was elected President of the Association of Southeastern Biologists (ASB) for 2017-2019.
- Lee Rumble (M.S. in Biology) was awarded the Tennessee Federation of Garden Clubs Scholarship as well as the Deep South Region of National Garden Clubs Scholarship to support his graduate work. Congratulations Lee!